Sun 15 May 2011
Here are my Twitter posts on the first day of my trip to CHI 2011, which was held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- At SFO Terminal 3. Longest security line I’ve seen in years. I better make my flight, which leaves in 1 hour.
- @tsatracker SFO Terminal 3 economy security: 24 minute wait
- At YVR curbside, waiting for my cousin to pick me up. The smokers are ignoring the designated smoking area, yuck.
- Eating lunch at a Taiwanese restaurant with my cousin in Richmond. Traffic here is horrible. SkyTrain would have been faster.
- Visited Granville Island, a great public space filled with art studios, shops, and a food market. Couldn’t resist buying maple caramels.
- Had more Taiwanese food for dinner to go along with lunch. Pork hock: sounds so odd, tastes so good.
- CHI 2011 iPhone app requires iOS 4.2. No way I’m using 4.2 on my iPhone 3G. Should have brought my Nexus One.